Sunday 23 June 2013

Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Sri Hartamas, KL

The first time I had a Korean meal was at Daorae and although I'm sure many would be able to recommend cheaper and more delicious Korean fare at other restaurants, I'll most likely return to Daorae just for convenience's sake. I'm no Korean food expert so can't tell if the food is really that good but it's good enough for my brother and I =)
        
Complimentary banchan
   
What I love about Daorae are the numerous and unlimited side dishes! They've got my favourite stir-fried spinach, pancakes and potato salad (though I wish they did not top it with chilli sauce >.< ). I also wish they had the caramelised fried anchovies that I love. I think they rotate the side dishes on maybe a daily basis (?) but I was lucky to get free pancake sides so I wouldn't have to order a whole pancake =P
        
Bulgogi (RM 25)
     
Here's the beef slices in some sweetish sauce that is yummy but can get cloying towards the end. A layer of oil sitting atop the gravy can burn your tongue if you're not careful.
       
Kimchi Jjigae (RM 18)
   
The quintessential kimchi stew with pork and numerous hidden goodies such as tofu, cabbage and glass noodles.
   
Sorry for the lack of comments but I guess I'm just not too enthusiastic about Korean food. They're good enough, yummy and comforting, and I'm actually kind of craving for them right now especially bibimbap but I doubt I'll be the one to initiate a Korean meal. Oh well, my brother who is as mad about Korean culture as I am about Japanese culture will be home soon and most probably (more like 99% likelihood) I'll be bringing him back to Daorae. Now who wants to join me so we can have a round of barbecued pork? =D
      
   
PawPoints: 4 Paws
Pawket: Tomato
          
Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant
19 Jalan 23/70A
Sri Hartamas
Tel: 03 6203 2616
Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment