Monday 12 March 2012

Hog's Breath Cafe @ Chijmes, Singapore

I first heard of Hog's Breath Cafe when I was planning for my Australia trip. It is a western sort of grill bar serving food similar to Chilli's and TGIF but with my favourite curly fries! So when I found out they have a branch in Singapore, I had to go have a taste =) But seriously, why do famous chain stores always have branches in Singapore and Bangkok but skip KL?? We Malaysians like food too! >.<
  
Cute artwork
       
Set Lunch Menu
      
Daily Special
       
They have lots of yummy items on the menu - I especially wanted to try the Seafood Gumbo served with Cob Loaf but we were on a tight food schedule and so had to content to sharing the set lunch =(
     

     
Salt and pepper shaker
       
Spicy Seafood Tomato Soup
      
The Spicy Seafood Tomato Soup which came as part of the set lunch was yummy! The soup was thick and rich with tomato paste and spicy sauce and there was a generous amount of seafood among the sprinkles of parsley in the mug. Although it was very yummy and comforting, I rather thought it had a hint of canned spicy sardine gravy =P The small piece of garlic bread was toasted to a crisp and was very fragrant with garlic butter.
     
Aussie Burger (SGD 18)
      
We had the Aussie Burger with a side salad and curly fries. The burger was quite yummy with perfectly fried sunny side up that has an oozing yolk, crispy bacon, well-seasoned and moist beef pattie and adequate and fresh lettuce and tomato slice.
    
The curly fries I had eagerly anticipated was well fried as the outsides were crispy and the insides soft and fluffy. There were also lots of curly bits which are my favourite =D The letdown was that it was too salty >.< Not sure if the chef accidentally reached for the salt bowl twice or this is the standard taste in the cafe.
   
To be fair, the specialty of Hog's Breath Cafe is its wonderful steaks which we did not order. If I were to give it a rating based on its set lunch alone, I would say it's average and not a must-visit.
   
PawPoints: 3 Paws
   
http://hogsbreath.com.sg/on_the_menu.htm
  
Hog's Breath Cafe
City Hall MRT
Chijmes, 30 Victoria Street
Block A, #01-26/27
Singapore
Tel: +65 6338 1387
Daily: 11.30am - 1am

No comments:

Post a Comment