Sunday 4 December 2011

Vietnam Kitchen @ 1 Utama, PJ

This is the first Vietnamese restaurant I dined at and will always be my favourite because of its big portions and cheap price tag. My friends and I somehow always meet up at Vietnam Kitchen to catch up :D
   
Vietnam Kitchen
   
Menu
   
Sliced Chicken and Spring Roll Vermicelli (RM 11.90)
    
Remember I mentioned this awesome dry version of Vietnamese noodles in this post? Well here it is on our very own Malaysian shores <yay!>
  
This dish is like a big bowl of noodle salad which I guess it is but it satisfies my meat cravings with juicy pieces of well marinated chicken and crispy deep-fried Vietnamese spring roll. You just douse the vermicelli together with slices of carrots, cucumbers, iceberg lettuce and bean sprouts with the sweet and spicy fish sauce dressing given and mix 'em all up! Eaten together with the sprinkled chopped nuts, this dish is extremely refreshing and light on the taste buds.
  
There is a downside to this dish though which is the spring roll tends to get a little soggy from the sauce pooled at the bottom of the bowl. Solution? Rest it on the bed of mint leaves =D
 
My favourite dish ^_^
   
Tossed vermicelli
   
Stir Fried Lemongrass Beef Vermicelli (RM 11.90)

JS had the Stir Fried Lemongrass Beef Vermicelli which was also very good. The beef slices were very tender and well marinated. The side vegetables and noodle dressing given are the same for all dry noodles.
  
Tossed vermicelli
   
All in all, this is one cheap and yummy restaurant. I have not eaten the signature Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (RM 13.90) in a long time but last I tried, it was quite good. I have also tried the Beef Stew with Tomato Sauce and Rice (RM 10.90), XO Sauce Fried Vermicelli (RM 11.90) Saigon Seafood Fried Noodles (RM 13.90) and Sliced Beef Fried Noodles (RM 12.90) and all were good. The Hue Style Beef Noodle Soup (RM 13.90) is a little odd to my finicky taste buds but my mum prefers this version over the original.
  
Another reason why I like going there is because there is a 10% discount for Citibank card holders. It expires end of 2011 I think but it seems as though the promo has always been there so hopefully next year, it will still be valid.
  
PawPoints: 4 Paws
Pawket: Onion
  

Vietnam Kitchen
S312 2nd Floor
Highstreet
One Utama Shopping Centre
Tel: 03 7724 1366
Daily: 10.30am - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment