Sunday 16 October 2011

Ichiban Boshi @ Sunway Giza

I've been seeing Ichiban Boshi's sprouting everywhere like mushrooms and finally, I paid it a long-due visit. It's quite value for money considering the options available and the price (somewhere between Sushi Zanmai and Rakuzen). 
 
Can't comment much about the quality of the food as I have yet to try their sushi. However I must say that the feature picture on their sushi menu (forgot to take a picture again) - was that meant to be appealing and appetising? The Ebi Sushi on the cover looked extremely gross and it's not just fussy me saying this, my friends who were with me agreed too.
 
Salmon Meshi Don (RM 19.90)
   
Since I didn't want to go for anything deep fried that day, I selected the Salmon Meshi Don which looked extremely good in the menu. And the real product did not disappoint either =) The set came with a bowl of miso soup.
 
The donburi came with plenty of crumbled slightly seared salmon, finely sliced spring onions and a good dose of Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese Seven Spice Powder). Here's another close-up of the donburi.
 
Comfort food
   
Mix it all up and what you get is a big bowl of comfort food. My salt intake is quite high so a good splash of soya sauce made the dish even yummier ^_^ Small eaters will feel extremely full upon finishing the entire bowl as the size is larger than a small order from Sushi Zanmai. 
 
The complimentary miso soup was average - could have been better though. The large salad which my friend ordered looked quite small in size when it arrived but then the price tag was about RM 11 so can't complain too much.
 
Ichiban Boshi has quite a number of udon meals which is a good variation from the usual rice sets you see in other restaurants. I was however disappointed that there weren't any ramen options. The bento sets at Ichiban Boshi are quite unique in the sense that you get to customise some of the sets with individual tofu, rice or miso soup options. Wouldn't mind returning to try other stuff.
  
PawPoints: 3 Paws
Pawket: Onion
 
Ichiban Boshi
Block D, F.01, 1st Floor
Sunway Giza 
Tel: 6148 1844
Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment